Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happiness is...

Happiness is watching Rocky while he sleeps.

Yes, Matt and Aleesha have managed to produce yet another perfect child. Look at this little guy's profile. So handsome.




Happiness is hanging out in your clubhouse made out of an old cardboard box.

Admission by password only.



Happiness is NOT driving all the way to Denver for a Foo Fighters concert at Red Rocks, only to find out minutes before the show that the concert has been postponed.

Melanie and I at Red Rocks. Look at how sad we are. We're trying to put on a happy face, but we just can't manage it while thinking about how we should of been rockin' out to the Foo right about then. Lame.


So turns out that the concert was postponed due to Dave Grohl being sick. Now, anyone who knows me, knows that I love Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters. In fact, my friend Lex and I were talking the other day about my growing excitement for this concert at Red Rocks. I was telling him all about my upcoming trip when he stops me and says, "Mon, you're like, obsessed with the Foo." Yeah Lex, tell me something I don't know. I've always loved this band and their music. Plus, they always put on really good concerts. And this Red Rocks concert was going to be the best. My favorite band at the coolest concert venue. So to lament the cancellation of Monday's concert, I've decided to mail Dave Grohl a letter. My love for Dave isn't quite as strong as it was before the bad news came on Monday night. Gosh, what a bummer. If there is anything you think I should add to my letter, please let me know. Here's my rough draft:

7 comments:

Maria said...

Thanks for posting a pic of Rocky -I wish I could hold him.

I love that picture of the clubhouse.

Bummer about the FOO, girl! We need to discuss!

Jackie Norris said...

Mel just told me about the concert! That sucks! And, I love the letter. Send it.

Lance said...

Ah that sucks... sorry. I know it doesn't compare...but The Mars Volta got postponed as well...and I never got my money back. grrr

You should come to the Gallivan Center tomorrow night to watch Andrew Bird (it's free). And I'll be there.

katieo said...

Rocky? What an awesome name!

sorry about Dave.

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

Lol.. I like the letter. It is so true. At least you got a good blog posting out of the experience. That was totally worth the drive, right??

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Hey Mon, sorry about the concert. And I too think you should send the letter. And keep the "Your Ex-#1 fan".

Lisa said...

I am just in shock. I can't believe you drove all the way there. I can't believe you missed the Red Rocks Opportunity! I am so sorry. But, I will be disappointed in you if you don't send Dave the letter. It's perfect!