Monday, May 12, 2008

18-26-06

I worked for Franklin Covey when I lived down in Provo several years ago. It was a requirement for all employees to own a Franklin planner, so I got one. I ended up only using the "Notes" section of the planner and filled it up with all sorts of stuff that I felt worthy of writing down for future reference. I'm always writing stuff down that I feel is important but end up just filing the notes away and never looking at them again. I came across my old planner recently and found the following jotted down on a few of the pages in the Notes section; it has to have been over 4 years since I've looked through this thing:

QUOTES

"Experience is a hard teacher, because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." - Vernon Sanders Law

"No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road, turn back." - Turkish Proverb

"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." - ?

"Procrastination--Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now." - ?

"Sometimes, to get ready for the next great thing in your life, you have to say goodbye to the first great thing." - ?


Locker Combo: 18-26-06


7 LAYER DIP RECIPE

2 cans bean dip (Frito Lay)
Guacamole

Mix together: 3/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayo, 1/2 pkg taco seasoning

1-2 tomatoes chopped
1 small can sliced black olives
1 bunch green onions chopped
Top with cheddar cheese


TOP 10 SIGNS YOU'RE TOO OLD TO BE TRICK-OR-TREATING
from David Letterman

10. You get a candy apple and mutter, "Oh yeah, my dentures will love this."
9. You're dressed as a surgeon; earlier in the day you actually performed surgery.
8. Not many "Aren't you cutes" but plenty of "I'm calling the cops."
7. Every three houses you need a smoke break.
6. Chaos ensues when you confuse an M&M with your heart medication.
5. You're dressed as America's favorite movie star, Tyrone Power.
4. At the end of the night, you don't have many treats, but you got a few dates with divorcees.
3. Frequently forgo the candy and ask to use the bathroom.
2. Your "trick" involves driving a rascal scooter across the lawn.
1. Wrap things up early so you can get home to watch CBS.


Rex Lee Run (5K)
March 27, 2004
Time: 22:25
23rd place in age group

3 comments:

Maria said...

Some of those quites are pretty deep. Is that mom's 7 layer dip recipe? That is certainly worthy of writing down for future reference. It cracks me up you wrote the complete top ten list down- it was pretty funny though. Did you ever improve on your Rex Lee placement?

Monica said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Mom gave me that recipe. And as for the Rex Lee Run, I haven't run in it since 2004. But it's always fun and tons of people come out for it. I want to run it next year.

katieo said...

Girl. Next year run the 10K with me.

ACTUALLY...

how about a half-marathon in August...you still have plen-ty of time to train!

totally serious. 13 miles.

(ps. I love running across old stuff like that...I think I've lost every planner I've ever owned...)