Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Think I Swallowed a Bug

On my way back to the car after the color throwing...I should've taken a picture of my unabomber technique...it worked brilliantly for keeping my face and hair relatively clean...We went for sushi right after so I wanted to try to stay halfway presentable.


I've been to the Krishna temple down in Spanish Fork several times, but I didn't know what I was in for when I went down there yesterday for the Festival of Colors. I've never seen anything like it. There were thousands of people gathered at the temple for the festival. The highlight of the whole gathering is the "throwing of colors" which took place around 6:00 yesterday right after they lit this big bonfire in the middle of the crowd. Everyone buys these little bags of colorful chalky powdery stuff and then throws the stuff at each other at the designated time. There was such a gigantic crowd there yesterday that the air was just lousy with this chalky powdery stuff for a long while after everyone stopped throwing the colors (And yeah, I just used "lousy" in that sentence). It was so much fun. I'm definitely going again next year and am just wondering how in the world I lived in the Proves for 4 years without taking part in this thing before now.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Looks like tons of fun. I love that you used "lousy" - very Grandma Fern of you.

Luke and Mel said...

We saw that festival in the movie "outsourced"! Looks like a ton of fun. We should hold one of our own this next weekend when Maria comes!

katieo said...

oooo. fun! (that would've been a REALLY fun Reg 13 activity...)

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

That looks like fun! My mom uses the word lousy that way, so it seemed normal to me. :)

Lisa said...

I've lived IN Spanish Fork for 5 ish years and never heard of it, let alone gone to any of the festivities at the Krishna Temple (Jasmine's Palace according to Morgan.) But the lousiest thing is you weren't able to come over here. Bum.