Sunday, August 2, 2009

Taking Photos in the Dark

Maya and the boys stayed over the other night. Maya's taken to sleeping in my bed whenever she happens to stay the night, but this time the sleepover got a little crowded. A few minutes after Maya settled into the bed, Isaac and Luke came into the room and asked if they could sleep in my room too...I couldn't say no...I didn't get much sleep that night. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for Maya's tendency to sleep diagonally.

I took the following pictures around 6am...the photo opp was too priceless to pass up...




Lukey



Isaac




Maya...I had no choice but to move to the foot of the bed and try to sleep because of Maya's diagonally ways.






I had the chance to go to the Spanish Fork Canyon hot pots this past weekend. I try and go every summer, and I'm glad a few good friends were willing to make the trek with me this year. As always, it was so much fun. I went on a long run earlier that morning so the hot water felt really, really good. Luckily it wasn't super crowded like it usually is, so we had our choice of natural hot tubs that night. I loved it!

waterfall



On our way out


Hiking out




And here's Isaiah in the dark during a recent trip to San Antonio...

4 comments:

Melanie said...

You're a nicer aunt than me. I can't believe you let all those stinky kids sleep in your bed! Ha! Cute photos though.

Melinda said...

Hot pots look like fun. And, why does Zay look freakishly large in that stroller shot? We miss having you here. You didn't stay nearly long enough.

Maria said...

Girl - you are hilarious with that sleep over.

Hot Pots scare me. I'm a chicken to hike up there in the dark and sit in grody water.

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

Ha, that cracks me up that Isaac and Luke are sleeping in almost identical positions with their arms up the exact same way. The hot springs trip looks like fun!