Sunday, October 26, 2008

Free Movie in Park City


I'd never come across a Woody Allen movie I liked until this past weekend. I read in the paper that they were going to show a free screening of Vicky Cristina Barcelona at the Park City Library. I'm not a fan of Woody Allen, but I am, however, a big fan of Penelope Cruz, so I decided to go and give the movie a try. When we arrived at the library, we quickly found out that the screening wasn't free. Ha! I told the guy sitting behind the makeshift ticket counter they set up that I had read in the paper that the screening was free. As soon as I said that, a crazy looking dude wearing the strangest pair of glasses I've ever seen suddenly appeared out of nowhere and started yelling at me. He got all worked up over the fact that I had been misled by this paper I read. He asked me, all red-faced, "What paper did you read?!" I told him it was the Standard Examiner. After I said that, he got even more worked up and yelled for another minute or two about how much he loathes the Standard Examiner. "They never return my calls!" he kept saying. I guess I had personally offended him by having the gall to read a paper that apparently printed faulty information about Park City movie screenings. I was relieved when Crazy Eye Glasses Guy finally let us pay for our tickets and go into the theatre. Unfortunately, they held this really sad raffle before the start of the movie. Crazy Eye Glasses Guy conducted it, of course. Lex won some chili peppers because of the raffle, so that was cool. When Lex went up to the front to claim his chili peppers, Crazy Eye Glasses Guy yelled out, "Hey look, this guy came all the way from Ogden for some chili peppers!!" This guy's glasses were seriously freaking me out. We all just wanted him to go away so we could watch the movie in peace. With the raffle done with, the movie FINALLY started. I loved it. It was really funny, and Penelope Cruz did a great job. I was surprised I liked it as much as I did given that it was a Woody Allen flick. Plus, the movie has a narrator guiding you throughout, so I really liked that. It was fun.


Lex + Brooke



This is the Library...I think it used to be a high school.

5 comments:

Maria said...

I'm glad you liked the movie- I haven't seen that one, but I have heard great things.

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

With Woody Allen it can really be hit or miss. I was thinking this movie might be a miss, but now I am excited to see it. Have you seen The Curse of the Jade Scorpion or The Manhattan Murder Mystery? I thought those were hilarious. That glasses guy sounds very creepy. At least your exchange with him makes for a funny story.

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Once again Mon, I love your whitty insight and comical comments. I.E. "Crazy Eye Glasses Guy". I once went to a screening of a Park City Film Festival flick. It was something we had to do for a Weber State Film Class. Unfortunately I didn't have the same result as you. I didn't like mine, but I glad you liked your eyes. Later

Melanie said...

That sounds like fun. That crazy guy would have scared me if I was there. I don't do well with people who get worked up like that.

joN. said...

was crazy classes guy woody himself? that would have been awesome because you know i'm like the hugest fan. i base all my anxieties and insecurities around his.

btw, check out (the aforementioned) manhattan murder mystery, purple rose of cairo, hannah and her sisters, sweet and lowdown, crimes and misdemeanors and i also liked match point.

vicky cristina was pretty good too. i especially liked the non-scarlett girl, whatsername? she was my favorite part of it.