Monday, October 6, 2008

St. Jarj

I went down to St. George this past weekend. Matt ran the marathon down there, so it was fun to go and support him. He trained really hard for the race, and I'm very proud of him. He did great in spite of the horrible weather on the day of the race. It was really cold and rainy all day long, so that made it extra difficult for all the runners. I failed to get a good shot of him crossing the finish line, but here are a few shots I took right after he finished. It's funny, the weather was really nice the day before and the day after the race. We were even able to go swimming on Friday but were shivering in the cold on Saturday.


Matt waving right after he crossed the finish line.



Isaac and Luke, drenched. Poor little guys.



Miss Maya trying to pawn off her popsicle after realizing it was much too cold for that kind of snack.



Here's Matt telling stories of his gnarly marathon experience to his captive audience:

MATT: "So then I passed by this runner chick who decided to take a bathroom break in front of everybody, just a few feet from the side of the road!"

ISAAC: "Really Dad, right in front of everyone?!"

MATT: "Son, you know this."



So it was a great time down in St. Jarj. Watching Matt finish the marathon has even inspired me to sign up for the 1/2 marathon in Ogden. I think Ogden has its marathon in the Spring. We'll see.

4 comments:

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

That's awesome that you're signed up for a half marathon! You'll do awesome I bet. I want to do that too. When it was so rainy in SLC I actually wondered about the marathon weather, that's too bad. Better than too hot though.. maybe? Love the bathroom break story, ew.

Maria said...

That is really great that he did that! The last picture cracks me up because of Baby Girl trying to get in the convo..HA!

Isaac's mind was probably blown by that story.

The Arnell's said...

Thanks for reinviting me. I love you blog and your stories. I am glad you had a good time in St. George- it took me like a min to figure out what Jarj ment- I am a little slow :)

Luke and Mel said...

Man, BIG day for Matt... and apparently Isaac too!