Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Crazy 8's

Leesh tagged me! Yes! I’m sitting here at work, bored out of my mind, so making my lists was a good distraction from thinking about how much money I’m not making by sitting here, doing nada. You know, I consider myself a relatively private person, yet thoroughly enjoy sharing random pieces of trivia about myself whenever the opportunity arises. Hmmm.

8 Favorite Restaurants
1- Roosters
2- Union Grill
3- Hard Rock Café (for their desserts)
4- Ichiban (Their Dynamo roll is da bomb diggity)
5- Café Rizzo (only on Tamale Thursdays though)
6- Red Iguana
7- Atlantic Café
8- Caputo’s

8 Favorite TV Shows
1- Lost
2- Everyday Italian
3- Barefoot Contessa
4- Lost
5- Cosby Show re-runs
6- Dateline NBC
7- Lost
8- A&E’s Biography

8 Things I Did Yesterday
1- Woke up at 6 in the am
2- Drank a choco protein shake, compliments of Phil
3- Went to the gym
4- Tried to get through a couple articles on Layered and Differentiated curriculum. Ugh.
5- Went to work and caught up on all the latest O-Town goings on from GK.
6- Went to the Distribution Center. They hooked me up.
7- Went over to Maya’s and watched the boys for a couple hours…Maya was there, but I didn’t babysit her, she babysat me.
8- Went down to SLC and watched Eagle Eye…’ya know that one movie with the kid from Even Stevens. Unfortunately, the movie was über lame-o.

8 Things I'm Looking Forward To
1- Finishing my paper for 6080
2- Pumpkin pie
3- Powder Mountain opening
4- Christmas Eve
5- Meeting with Carlee tonight
6- Jason, Melinda, Baby Boo, and Maria are coming to Utah for Christmas! Yeah!
7- Starting Practicum in the Spring
8- Watching Isaac, Luke, and Maya when they meet Isaiah for the first time (I already know what Baby Rock's reaction will be).

8 Wishes
1- Ruth would wake up tomorrow morning and feel perfectly healthy.
2- Phil could quit work and fulfill his dream of opening up his own gym/clinic…with Hughler as mascot, of course.
3- I could whistle.
4- I could do a back flip.
5- I could breathe underwater (without any equipment assisting me, I mean).
6- I could live in a beach house somewhere in Central America, with all my family and friends as next door neighbors.
7- I could have a pool in my backyard.
8- I could have a backyard of my own.

7 comments:

Luke and Mel said...

It's too bad Eagle Eye was no good. I wanted to see that. I had high hopes for Shia.

Maria said...

Your crazy 8s are way better than mine. I am so excited to see everyone!! Only a month away!

Aleesha said...

I LOVE Cosby reruns too. I try and take tips from good old Claire on how to be a good mom. I often wish my family life was like the Huxtables, don't you?

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

nice mel, I especially like the powder MFN opening comment. I have only been to brighton once on opening day. So here is hoping for some more soon, and pronto!

Annie said...

I love Everyday Italian and Barefoot Contessa too! MMMM food! By the way, the picture in your header is so great. Did your dad take that? It's so perfect! And I love the quote about Cannibals. SO funny.

Monica said...

Leesh, Yes, I sometimes wish my life with Ruth and Phil was just like the Huxtables...

Benny, thanks a lot for addressing me as 'mel' instead of implementing your usual practice of calling me 'mon'...good one. ;)

Annie, Yeah, my dad took that picture of me way back when. And thanks for noticing my 'deep thought of the week'. Nobody seems to think my deep thoughts are very funny.

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

*Gasp*! You love Caputo's too?? Oh, the hot mustard there is the BEST. Ha, I watch Cosby reruns too. I also share your inability to whistle. I like your list, it is fun to learn random facts about people. :)