Sunday, November 9, 2008

Did You Know...


I'm usually in church during this time of day. But, lucky for you, today's stake conference, so I've decided to kill some time before the meeting by blogging. Here are a few little pieces of trivia that will no doubt leave you a better person after having taken them in. Enjoy.

Did you know...

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet!



I was on my school's track team in elementary school. Can you pick me out of the group?



Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.



Phil used to rock a stache back in the day.



The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.



A few weeks ago, an ER nurse told me that I have what is known as vasovagal syncope. This past weekend my brother-in-law, Luke, was so kind as to let me know that this condition is also known as a blood-injury-injection phobia and is a fairly common phobia. I'm phobic!


Something else I learned this weekend--A circle around the moon means that it will snow soon.



Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams have broken up...again. Lame.



I love to snorkel. Who doesn't, right?!



No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple.



I used to have a pink futon in my living room.



40% of all people who come to a party in your home snoop in your medicine cabinet.



And finally, did you know that the strongest muscle in the body is the tongue?! Whoa.

8 comments:

Maria said...

Those are some cool facts. I'm sad about Rachel and Ryan- I think they are great together.

Melinda said...

Again I am ashamed of my egocentric teenage years because I did not know you rocked the Ft. Kobe track team back in the day. You look like Matt in that pic. I love reading your blog. I want to be like you some day! Ya know cool, and hip and clever and skinny and...

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

That's cool that you were in track in elementary. :) My dad used to rock a stache too! Well, if Rachel and Ryan are at all like they are in The Notebook, they'll hook up again. They're just real passionate like that. Sweet pink futon, whats this "used to". psh.

Melanie said...

I really do feel like a better person now. Thanks.

pepper said...

you know all the best stuff...this list is really cool

Luke and Mel said...

Nice facts, I didn't know that about the tongue. I wonder how far an elephant's heart will squirt blood? Oh, and bytheway, wikipedia needs to update their vasovagal syncope. Although it's a wiki, i choose not to correct it. Partly because I'm lazy and don't know how.

joN. said...

in that picture i'm pretty sure you are the one in the back row on the left in the sunglasses.

also, i've never seen a squid "jump."

somehow your dad looks more like phil collins with that mustache, even though phil collins doesn't have a mustache.

katieo said...

That's why I never have parties.