Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mesa

I got back from Mesa this afternoon. My family and I went down there for the weekend. Our time there was short, and I wish we could've stayed for a little while longer. I was able to go through the temple for the first time on Saturday, so this trip was a special one for me. It was so great to be able to be in the temple on Saturday with my mom and dad, all my sisters, and my brother. They all sacrificed a lot to be down in Mesa with me. I love them all very much and couldn't have made this step without them. I'm a lucky girl, and my family blesses my life every day. I love the gospel. It makes me happy. It makes me work harder. I'm so grateful for the good friends and family I have. They remind me of all the goodness the gospel has to offer and remind me every day of the plan my Heavenly Father has for me. Here are some pictures from the trip. The shots I have outside the temple aren't the best. Johnny promised to send me the ones he took, so I'll be sure to post those if he was able to get a better view of the temple. Mesa has a beautiful temple. All of my extended family is down in Arizona, and a lot of them were able to be with me this weekend. I love Utah, and I've lived here for quite a while now. But I think I'll always feel like Mesa is my hometown...It definitely felt like home this past weekend.

Friday night dinner at my cousin Walt's...I love dinner table shots.



Walt trying to cajole little Cole.



Little Gracie, playing dress-up.



Maria and I with my beautiful Grandma Fidela.



Saturday outside the temple after the session. I'm not sure why Annie has one of her shoes off, haha! Jason and Leesh are missing...I missed you two!



Here I am with my my sisters and big brother.



Two of my best friends from school were there with me. I loved that these two were there! Karen's on the left...I met her my very first Summer at BYU. And Mary's on the right...I met Mary way back in high school when I was living in Morenci, AZ. Great friends.



Had to post this one of Melanie and Luke, 'cause they look so good together.



Grandma Fern with Baby Isaiah. My Grandma Fern's an angel.



Melinda with Baby Boo.



Here's Matt making his "crazy eyes" face in reaction to something someone must've said...And here is Maria's and my typical reaction to Matt's "crazy eyes" face.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Congratulations, Monica! It looks like everything went smoothly and you had a great time.

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

Sounds like a good trip. The last picture of your reaction to the crazy eyes is funny. :)

Annie said...

Monica, you are so cute, and we had so much fun with you and your family this weekend. Thank you for inviting us! (Oh yeah, and I didn't realize my feet would be in that picture. My shoes make me about 5 inches taller, and I hate it when I'm taller then everyone, so I took one off. Real classy, huh?)

Miss Mary said...

Saturday was wonderful and a very special day. Thank you so much for sharing this day with us. Monica, you are incredible and beautiful (inside and out). I am happy that you are so happy. The Gospel truly is one of our greatest blessings!

Melinda said...

Good Times! I wouldn't have missed it for anything. I can't wait to see everyone for Christmas. Jason sends his love and wished he could of been part of the AZ party. Love ya!

Jackie Norris said...

Wow, what a special trip for you and your family! I'm so glad it went well and so many people could be there.

katieo said...

Girl. Congratulations. If I weren't sick and had all these chitlens I would've been there in a heartbeat!

(p.s. I laughed out loud and that pic of you and maria reacting to the crazy eyes.)

katieo said...

and p.p.s
Hi Miss Mary!