Friday, April 4, 2008

$20 Snowboard

My dad, Phil, invited me to tag along with him to Park City last night. Phil had this medical seminar thingymabob that he had to attend at the Silverado, so he asked if I wanted to go up with him and Mom and go "skiing" Friday. "Daaaad, I totally don't ski anymore. I, like, snowboard now, okay. And yes, I'd love to go up to Park City with you." So I went up last night and woke up really early this morning so I could get to the lifts right at 8:30. I had to meet up with Phil and Ruth at around 12:30, so I wanted to try and make the most of my time. It was so much fun. I'm glad I was able to go up one last time this season. I had so much fun that I finally bought my own snowboard once we got back into Salt Lake. I found a used one for 20 dahlaz. Yeah, that's right, only 20 bones. And the board looks like it only cost me 20 bones. Ha! It's pretty ugly, but it will do the job until I can save up for a better one. And I don't care that it's ugly, 'cause it's mine and I don't have to worry about renting anymore, yeah! So I met Phil and Ruth back at the lodge around 12:30. When I got there, Phil looked at me and said, "So how was the skiing?" I looked back at him, with the snowboard in my hand, and said, "It was great, Dad. Let's go get some Mexican food." So we did.


Me at the Loco Lizard with my giant quesadilla.

3 comments:

Maria said...

WOAH- That is a huge quesadilla. Dad is awesome.

Jenny said...

Why yes, those are Rocket Dogs and I am wearing them out! Sounds like fun to go snowboarding, I went one time and that was right before I got pregnant with Riley. I loved it and would love to try again. Oh, and I didn't even no that the Spiral Jetty existed-dah!

Em Russ said...

girl, you are so darn cute!!