Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dawn Porter

For about a year, my friend Katie headed up this amazingly popular blog called Sister Skinny. Katie doesn't post on this blog anymore, but check it out if you'd like some great tips on how to diet and exercise in a healthy way. Earlier this month, Katie posted about this really cool documentary that was made by a 28-year-old British writer (Thanks Katie!). This writer decided to conduct an experiment on herself to see what it actually takes to force your body into becoming a size 0. The documentary is great, and this British writer, Dawn Porter, is so hilarious. The video is cut up into 6 segments on YouTube, each about 10 minutes long. Find the first segment here. I found this Dawn Porter to be so funny that I went in search of other videos she may have made. I found one she did on the magic of airbrushing and digital manipulation used by magazines to make their cover girls look flawless. I thought this to be pretty fascinating and a great reminder of how the models on covers of magazines aren't really what they appear to be.



I also found this one with Dawn celebrating Dirty Dancing. I thought this was really funny since I remember loving that movie when I was younger...Okay, I still love it. Anyway, I'm officially a fan of Dawn Porter...Thank goodness not all British girls are like Victoria Beckham.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Girl- she is hilarious. I have got to watch that documentary.

katieo said...

oh girl. I KNOW. She is so funny.
THe whole time I was watching it I was wishing I could be her best friend in some parallel universe.

(p. to the s. thanks for the shout out)

(p.p.s Aaron leaves for Ghana on Wednesday so don't be a stranger. Dinner? Sleepover? Movies? Charades?)