Thursday, August 7, 2008

Country Fair Days



Living in a small community has its perks. Like being able to participate in a week's worth of good, clean, old-fashioned, family-friendly fun, otherwise known as South Weber Country Fair Days. The week's worth of festivities aren't quite over and done with, but I couldn't wait to post the live-action footage I captured a couple days ago of the mutton bustin' spectacle, among other things. The Merrill kids were out in full force this week, exhibiting a vast array of cuteness, charisma, bravery, and athleticism, just to name a few of their many noteworthy characteristics. Here are about a couple hundred photos taken of the Merrills this week. I couldn't be more proud...

Beauty Queen

Maya won the baby contest for her age group. She was crowned "Duchess."






Champion Mutton Buster



Check out this awesome video of Luke. This kid's fearless. I love his laid back attitude. He wasn't scared at all about riding these gnarly sheep and was so excited to give it a try.












Celebrating his survival, post-mutton

Leesh and Luke



Dad and Matt








Gold Medalist


Isaac ran the "Kid-K" and came in 1st place in his age group. I think the route was about a mile long. He's an awesome runner. Unfortunately I couldn't get a good shot of him crossing the finish line, because there were too many people in the way. But let me tell you, this kid has a great runner's stride for someone so young. He did so good.



Wait a sec, I have to sneak one of Rocky in here. Here's Baby Boy patiently waiting for Isaac to get his gold medal.


3 comments:

Melanie said...

This is some great footage. Luke and I were considering coming down for it. I wish we had now. I'm glad you took a lot of pictures!

Maria said...

Girl- the still action shots are priceless. Luke is awesome.
I am so proud of Isaac, I'm sure he tried really hard. The Duchess is so pouty. I want to squeeze Rocky, and I will in only a couple days! Hoorraaayyy!

Luke and Mel said...

Lukey's living my dream!