Sunday, August 3, 2008

Two Good Reasons to Go to the Proves

Reason #1 - Mikey




I went back to my dark hair. Of course, I had Mikey do it as usual. His place really is worth the drive down to the Proves. He's the nicest guy ever and is great at what he does. I think I caught him in an especially good mood the other day, 'cause he gave me this t-shirt. He said it was mine as long as I promised to wear it at least once a week. Mikey, I'll do even better than that, I'll put it on my blog! Ha! Seriously, try out this salon if you're looking for a place to go for a haircut and especially if you're looking for a good place to go for color.







Reason #2 - J-Dawgs

After Mike was done changing me back into a brunette, he was nice enough to give me a gift certificate to J-Dawgs. I told him I wasn't a big fan of the dawgs, but he said I had to check this place out before heading back home, so I did. Oh man, it was THE BEST lunch I've had in a very long time. I ordered a polish dawg with sauerkraut and special sauce. It was so good. I'm getting a craving for some J-Dawgs right now as I'm typing this. I don't know how they make this special sauce of theirs, but it's addicting. While I was waiting in line at J-Dawgs I saw this dude from my ward. I was surprised to see him there as people from my ward generally live up here in the Ogden area. I went over to say Hi and asked if he had driven all the way from Ogden to get himself a J-Dawg. He just laughed at that and said nah, of course he didn't drive a whole hour+ just for J-Dawgs. Well, after I took my first bite of the deliciousness that is J-Dawgs, I knew that dude from my ward was fibbing--He DID drive all the way from Ogden to Provo to get himself a J-Dawg. This place is that good!

5 comments:

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

Score on the shirt! Huh, J-Dawgs. I like the name and Tim's parents live in Provo, so next time we're there I'll have to try one.

katieo said...

Girl.

#3. Cause Orem is right around the corner and you KNOW a game of charades is waiting for you...

(ps. Is Mikey affordable? like less than 40 bonks for a cut?)

Monica said...

Katie, I know Girl, I know, a lively game of charades with you and the boys is always worth the drive. I'd love to come by before summer's gone, and then we can all go get a J-Dawg together!

And Mike usually charges between 40 and 45 for a cut...I know, kinda pricey. But his skills are worth it!

katieo said...

GIRL. J-Dawgs ANY TIME!! (I've never actually had one!)

Lance said...

I'm a little hurt you didn't notify your lonely friend Lance down near the Proves to go chill.